- CoolingBack American Fridge Freezers Fridge Freezers Fridges Freezers Wine Coolers Drink Fridges Shop By BrandBack
- Built InBack Ovens Microwaves Hobs Hoods Refrigeration Dishwashers Laundry Warming Drawers Coffee Machines Shop By BrandBack
- Sinks & TapsBack
- Small Appliances
- Kitchen Studio
All our appliances come with a manufacturer’s warranty, as confirmed on our product pages. For additional cover, RDO offer a full range of extended warranty options through Retracare, which can be selected prior to checkout.
Who are Retracare?
Retracare are the extended warranty arm of RETRA, the UK’s leading trade association for independent electrical retailers and servicing organisations.
Retracare have been providing extended consumer protection for more than 25 years. All of the warranty products on offer are fully underwritten, so you can rest assured that your appliances are in safe hands.
We want to make sure your product is protected, so we’re committed to delivering the best possible experience when buying cover or having to make a claim, resolving any issues as easily and painlessly as possible.
“We provide a truly superb extended warranty package designed by experts from within the electrical industry to fully address the needs of our customers and Retracare members. With competitive rates and clear policy guidelines, the Retracare warranty package covers a variety of electrical goods against breakdown for up to five years. If a product covered by Retracare breaks down outside the manufacturer’s warranty period, we will cover the cost of repair, including parts and labour charges. If it can’t be repaired, then we’ll cover the cost of a new, like-for-like, replacement.”
If you’d like to learn more about extending your warranty cover, give us a call or live chat and we’ll be very happy to help!
Full terms and conditions
There are NO limits to the number of repairs to your equipment which can be approved during the period of your plan.
Repair work authorised by Retracare will be carried out during our repairers’ normal working hours only, which are typically Monday – Friday, 9am to 5pm.
Applications for repairs of equipment will only be considered where the equipment is no longer covered by any manufacturers or repairer’s guarantee for call – out and labour charges.
You must operate your equipment in line with the manufacturer’s instructions at ALL times and must not modify in any way.
Your equipment must not have been lost, stolen, misused, neglected, poorly installed, subject to malicious damage, or damage caused by fire, explosion, floods, lightning, storms, frost or other bad weather conditions, rust, corrosion or water.
Your equipment must not be subject to a current manufacturer recall.
Your equipment must be used in a domestic environment ONLY. Equipment used in a non-domestic or commercial environment must be subject to our prior approval in writing.
Your equipment must be repaired within the United Kingdom, unless we agree otherwise in writing.
You are liable for the cost of repairs if there is no fault found with the equipment, or to the extent that it requires routine maintenance, cleaning, servicing, cosmetic repairs (e.g. damage to paintwork, dents or scratches) or where there is any problem with the supply of electricity, gas or water supply. You should always check your services before reporting any fault.
Payment will not be approved for costs arising from being unable to use your equipment (e.g. food spoilage) or for any other loss or damage not included under your plan benefits which arises from the breakdown of your equipment, including any costs to remove or reinstate built – in or fitted equipment. If, when you require breakdown service, there is any other service agreement or an insurance policy under which you are entitled to claim, we may only pay an appropriate proportion.
We recommend you back up or store any data/files on a regular basis as we will not restore any data/ files in the event of your product requiring a repair.
The plan does not include…
- Damage caused by accident the failure of the equipment to operate correctly caused by the withdrawal of services by a third party
- Software (including operating systems) loss or failure
- Damage or failure of the equipment due to: a software virus; the configuration of user settings; or the process of backing up or recovery of data; loss, corruption or damage to data or operating system
- Image retention on LCD screens, plasma or projection TV screens
- Replacement of consumer durables within your product (e.g. batteries, light bulbs and fuses) accessories unless we agree otherwise in writing
- The failure of the product due to:
- Neglect of equipment
- Malicious damage deemed to be the cause of any malfunction.
- Intentional damage
- Acts of undue care and attention